Andrews Laser Works (ALW) was founded in Wichita, Kansas as Andrews Machine Works in 1946. In the 1950's, the company began making military components for General Electric. After two acquisitions, the company consolidated its facilities in Covington, Kentucky, where it expanded with new laser capabilities. One year later, GE awarded ALW "Best in Class" - Supplier Excellence, which led to additional opportunities in complex sheet metal assemblies.
ALW’s customer responsiveness, growing capability, and supplier performance led to a new 27,000 sq. ft. facility in Wilder, Kentucky in 2006 with further expansion to 53,000 sq. ft in 2012.
Precision Castparts Corp. acquired Andrews Laser Works in July, 2015.