Centra's culture has been built on a foundation of teamwork, technology and innovation. Through this foundation, it is building a sustainable, competitive organization.
- Centra's high-performance work culture is focused on continuously improving the way it does business.
- Centra's Continuous Improvement Tool Kit engages employees at all levels in a structured improvement journey.
- Centra's Mission as a company incorporates a view there must be a Win, Win, Win, (Shareholders, Employees, Business Partners) - each is dependent on each other.
- The key to its improvement strategy is the continued investment in leading-edge manufacturing and IT technologies.
Centra is committed to continuously developing its infrastructure of skill sets and capital equipment in order to support its customers ever-changing manufacturing environment.
Mission Statement Why We Exist
- Our Shareholders
- Our Employees and their Families
- Our Business Partners
Core Values What We Believe In
- Be passionate about being the best at what we do.
- Take pride in our successes; knowledge from our failures.
- Develop excellence in our people through knowledge, commitment and leadership.
- Reward excellence, counsel mediocrity and rid ourselves of negativity.
- Always be customer-focused.
- Conduct ourselves with integrity and fairness.
Vision What We Want to Be
- A great company to work with
- A great company to work for
- A formidable competitor
- A company that consistently grows value
High Speed Machining (33,000 RPM)
- 3, 4, & 5-axis high speed machining of complex aluminum structures up to 13 ft (4m)
- 3, 4, & 5-axis machining of stainless steel grades, titanium grades, nickel-based alloys and machining at 50+ Rc - up to 80 in. (2m)
- Large Tool Change Capacity
Assembly of Major Aircraft Sub-Structures
Metallic Assembly Core Competencies:
- Typical assemblies include multiple machined details, bearings, bushings, sheet metal components and miscellaneous hardware
- Takt driven, moving line assembly systems
- Monolithic and complex multi-component assemblies
- Adaptability to a wide range of components and production rates
- Assembly mechanic ownership for product quality
Structural Assembly Core Competencies:
- Robotic Nutplate Installation
- Robotic Teflon Application
- Large Floor Based Jig Assembly
- In-House Qualification of Final Acceptance Jigs (FAJ)
- Precise Part-to-Part Fit Requirements
- Assembly Mechanic Ownership for Product Quality
- Digital Model Based Certification
- Electronic Manufacturing Information Systems
Centra is a global leader in Integrated Aerostructures through:
- Applying leading-edge machining technology.
- Utilizing Lean Systems and Manufacturing technologies in the development of its Assembly Processes.
- Leading in the development of information technology to simplify the complexity of its business.
- Providing consistent performance in the Quality, Delivery and Cost of its services.
- Being the Supplier of Choice when its customer is looking to develop or adopt a new initiative.
Aluminum Machining, Hard Metals Machining, Non-Core Systems & Items
- Aluminum Machining - Up to 12 feet (3.6 M) / Hard Metals Machining - Up to 80 inches (2 M).
- Complex Geometry.
- Tight Tolerance.
- Demands Technology.
- Non-Core Systems/Items - Supply Chain Competency.
Metallic Assemblies, Structural Assemblies "Sub-Structures"
- Metallics are Key Cost Drivers.
- Pulses at Program Build Rate.
Structural Assemblies "Sub-Structures"
- Complex Integration of Components.
- Large floor-based jig assembly systems.
Centra's procurement department is responsible for all aspects relating to supply chain development.
The department is responsible for:
- Developing a loyal, skilled and innovative supplier base to support its manufacturing and operational needs
- Assessing supplier capabilities to determine fit and growth opportunity
- Negotiating price and contract terms with suppliers
- Acting as a commodity-specific point of contact for supplier inquiries, status and projects
- Monitoring performance and rating of suppliers based on cost, quality, delivery & responsiveness
- Ensuring a competitive and high-performing supply base
What Does Centra Buy?
Centra buys services and materials to support production and operational needs.
- Subcontract machining services (metallic and non-metallic materials)
- Composite, sheet metal, formed and non-metallic components and hardware
- Raw material
- Component surface treatments
- Capital equipment
- Factory supplies and tooling
- Miscellaneous operational support, products and services
What Does Centra Look For in a Supplier?
- Cost, quality and schedule performance
- Commitment to continuous improvement and integration of technology
- Willingness and flexibility to grow with its business
- Commitment to customer service and the ability to provide innovative solutions
- Long-term partnership opportunities
Check our Supplier Documents for more supplier resources.
Supplier Quality Documents
|Supplier Quality System Questionaire||AQS1001 - Rev. B|
|Supplier Quality Requirements Manual||SQR-10000 - Rev. E|
|Centra Supplier Manual||Rev. H|
|Supplier Manual Acknowledgement Form||Rev. A|
|Supplier Quality System Audit||Rev. NC|
24 Cherry Blossom Road
Cambridge, ON N3H 4R7
Phone: (519) 650-2828
Request a Quote
Send us a request for quote or call us at (425) 688-0444.